By Jeff Friesen, Dave Smith
Android remains to be one of many top cellular OS and improvement structures riding today's cellular recommendations and the apps environment. Android appears complicated, yet deals various geared up improvement kits to these entering Android with differing programming language ability sets.
Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution procedure courses you step by step via quite a lot of helpful issues utilizing entire and real-world operating code examples.
during this ebook, you'll begin with a recap of Android structure and app basics, after which get all the way down to enterprise and construct an app with Google’s Android SDK on the command line and Eclipse. subsequent, you'll find out how to accomplish useful initiatives touching on the person interface, communications with the cloud, machine undefined, info endurance, communications among functions, and interacting with Android itself. eventually, you'll the best way to leverage a number of libraries and Scripting Layer for Android (SL4A) to assist you practice initiatives extra speedy, how one can use the Android NDK to spice up app functionality, and the way to layout apps for functionality, responsiveness, seamlessness, and more.
rather than summary descriptions of advanced options, in Android Recipes, you'll locate reside code examples. in the event you begin a brand new undertaking, you could give some thought to copying and pasting the code and configuration documents from this booklet, then enhancing them in your personal customization wishes. this may prevent loads of paintings over making a venture from scratch!
What you’ll learn
* become aware of Android structure and diverse Android-specific APIs
* find out how to improve a unit conversion app within the context of command-line/Android SDK and Eclipse/Android SDK environments
* easy methods to accomplish a variety of projects regarding the consumer interface and extra
* find out how to use exterior libraries to avoid wasting effort and time
* how one can fast increase an app utilizing the Scripting Layer for Android (SL4A) software
* how one can enhance app functionality through the use of the Android NDK
* directions for designing filtered apps, performant apps, responsive apps, and seamless apps
Who this e-book is for
newbies to Android, in addition to extra complete Android builders.
desk of Contents
* Getting all started with Android
* consumer Interface Recipes
* Communications and Networking
* Interacting with gadget and Media
* Persisting information
* Interacting with the process
* operating with Libraries
* Scripting Layer for Android
* Android NDK
* App layout instructions
Read Online or Download Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach PDF
Best software books
The simplest of the easiest from our Excel, note, entry, and PowerPoint Bibles!
Learn the sought-after gains of the middle purposes from the workplace 2013 suite. This workplace 2013 Bible good points the best-of-the-best content material from the Excel 2013 Bible, through "Mr. Spreadsheet" John Walkenbach; the observe 2013 Bible, via workplace specialist Lisa A. Bucki; the PowerPoint 2013 Bible, by way of MOS grasp teacher and PowerPoint specialist Faithe Wempen; and the entry 2013 Bible from Microsoft qualified software Developer Michael Alexander and place of work and entry specialist Dick Kusleika.
This significant source additionally covers Outlook, writer, OneNote, SkyDrive, and different vital gains within the place of work 2013 suite. to be able to speedy and successfully use workplace 2013, commence within the experts' nook with this must-have booklet.
• offers the best-of-the-best content material on workplace 2013 from the major specialists, authors, and individuals to our Excel, be aware, PowerPoint, and entry Bibles
• comprises content material from John Walkenbach, aka "Mr. Spreadsheet"; notice and place of work specialist Lisa A. Bucki; MOS grasp teacher and PowerPoint professional Faithe Wempen; Microsoft qualified program Developer Michael Alexander; and workplace and entry professional Dick Kusleika
• Takes you past developing uncomplicated textual content records, spreadsheets, and displays that can assist you use a number of place of work functions immediately to complete severe enterprise tasks
• additionally covers writer, OneNote, SkyDrive, the Cloud, and different key positive factors and issues for place of work 2013
Get the simplest of 4 place of work 2013 books in a single with this power-packed reference!
The standard distinctive curiosity team of the British desktop Society offers the edited complaints in their 6th overseas convention on software program caliber administration (SQM'98) held in April 1998 in Amsterdam. the target of this sequence of annual meetings is to advertise foreign co-operation between these fascinated with software program caliber and method development, via making a larger realizing of software program caliber matters and via sharing present examine and commercial adventure.
Optimization difficulties in perform are different and evolve through the years, giving upward push to - quirements either for ready-to-use optimization software program applications and for optimization software program libraries, which supply kind of adaptable development blocks for app- cation-specific software program structures. with a view to follow optimization the right way to a brand new kind of challenge, corresponding versions and algorithms need to be “coded” in order that they are available to a working laptop or computer.
Das Buch beschreibt den objektorientierten Entwurf von Software-/Hardware-Lösungen zu automatisierungstechnischen Problemstellungen, sogenannten "embedded systems". Objektorientierte Systeme bieten erhebliche Vorteile bei der Beherrschung von Komplexität, späteren Änderungen und Wartungsmaßnahmen. Ausgehend von bekannten examine- und Designmethoden werden zunächst die grundlegenden objektorientierten Konzepte vorgestellt, ausgewählte Methoden im Überblick miteinander verglichen und die speziellen Eigenschaften von "embedded platforms" beschrieben.
- Customizing WordPress
- Agile Software Development, Principles, Patterns, and Practices
- Micro ― QUALIFLEX: An Interactive Software Package for the Determination and Analysis of the Optimal Solution to Decision Problems
- IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software Companion Guide (3rd Edition)
Additional info for Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
Java source file. This skeletal file’s contents are replaced with Listing 1–9. xml file. At the command line, specify ant followed by debug or release to indicate the build mode: Debug mode: Build the app for testing and debugging. The build tools sign the resulting APK with a debug key and optimize the APK with zipalign. Specify ant debug. Release mode: Build the app for release to users. You must sign the resulting APK with your private key, and then optimize the APK with zipalign. ) Specify ant release.
How It Works Your first step in creating UC is to use the android tool to create a project. apk filename when you build your app), all of the following options are required: 53 54 CHAPTER 1: Getting Started with Android The --target (or -t) option specifies the app’s build target. The target_ID value is an integer value that identifies an Android platform. You can obtain this value by invoking android list targets. 3 platform target identified as integer ID 1. The --path (or -p) option specifies the project directory’s location.
0;, or result = input*multipliers[position];. 4. setText(""+result);. There’s one more task for onCreate(Bundle) to perform: make sure that the Clear and Convert buttons are disabled when etUnits is empty. After all, there’s no point clearing an empty textfield, and parseDouble() throws an exception when attempting to parse an empty textfield. TextView’s void addTextChangedListener(TextWatcher watcher) method. TextView is EditText’s superclass. TextWatcher declares void afterTextChanged(Editable s), void beforeTextChanged(CharSequence s, int start, int count, int after), and void onTextChanged(CharSequence s, int start, int before, int count) methods.